Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Lost and found

I found socks that I knit probably 3 years ago.   Almost done,  I just needed to cast off the toe.   I don't know why I hadn't finished them.   Forgot?   Wasn't what I wanted?   I finished them off tonight,  and wearing them to bed.

It's been a good Christmas so far,  with the usual stuff happening.  Kids not getting what they expected,  my usual frustration of not getting them what they wanted,  and feeling a bit at a loss as to how to change it for next year.   This year,  wanting to do something different,  I offered to take them skiing instead of tons of presents.   Well,  it backfired.   Instead I heard about how I didn't get an easy bake oven for Kass and how Cole didn't get tons of presents.   Linden said nothing,  beyond that he didn't want to go skiing.   I don't know what to do sometimes.   I think I might have it right.   And then never do.   Somehow I end up disappointing someone along the way.  Maybe there is something to be said about just buying gift cards.   But I just don't think it's right.   And in the end,  it's not about gift cards or getting the right gift.   In the end,  it's more that what is wanted,  on both sides,  just doesn't happen.

Finding the holidays difficult this year.   Started in August when I took time off with the kids,  and it's happening again.   Easier when I'm busy... No time to think.   Wanting what I don't have,  and probably won't get... Need to get back to work or have busier days.

No comments: